Title: Network Engineer
Duration: 4+ Months
Interview: Telephonic + Skype
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Client is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer to assist with Network design and configuration as it relates to client’s current infrastructure as well as designing and supporting the build out of their network for client’s new state of the art building that is currently under construction.
***PLEASE NOTE – Candidates MUST HAVE an ACTIVE CCNP certification to be considered for this position***
Prospective candidate must have the ability to interface with staff, other state agencies and contractors and have hands on experience with Cisco IOS, routing, switching, and security, as well as network design. This position will be responsible for reviewing configurations and specifying requirements or specifications for Cisco equipment as well as supporting numerous Cisco routers, switches, software, and security appliances and making recommendations for purchasing new equipment. Below is a partial list of hardware currently configured or being configured and implemented within the network.
• 6500/4500 series Layer 3 and Layer 2 IOS version 12.2 or higher
• 2800/2900 series routers
• 2960/3560/3750 switches
• ASA firewalls/VPN concentrator 5500 series
• Wireless LAN Controller
• Wireless control System (WCS)
• Wireless Access Points (1200/3600 series)
• 3G/4G HWIC
Protocols, configurations, technologies, Etc:
TCP/IP, IPSEC, GRE, OSPF, BGP, DMVPN, VSS, VRF and VRF Lite, QOS, LLDP, MPLS, Ethernet, PIP, VOIP, routing, switching, load balancing, VLAN, SVI, VEC, VCSD
Cisco IOS, Microsoft Office, Visio, Secure CRT, SRS, ESMS,
In addition to technical duties described above the candidate must also be able to:
• Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
• Utilizing Microsoft Office and Visio document any network changes and procedures as necessary.
• Design and develop network topology for new client building
• Work in a team environment.
• Demonstrate ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames, under tight deadlines.
• Work off hours if the need arises in support of changes to the network.
• Be proficient in effective problem solving.
• Work is normally performed from the client office located in Harrisburg PA
• At times work may require travel to and from the various client locations throughout the state of Pennsylvania.