Title: Systems Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA 92618
Duration: Six Months plus
Rate: $65/Hr on C2c
Interview: Telephonic + In-Person / Skype
Local Candidates are preferred
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· Configuration, management, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of corporate servers running Windows 2008 / 2012 server operating systems
· Configuration, management, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of corporate servers running VMware vSphere enterprise virtualization software versions 4.x and 5.x.
· Assist with automation initiatives utilizing PowerShell script programming
· Manage special projects requiring critical thinking and strategic analysis
· Create detailed documentation of the corporate IT architecture
· Configure / maintain / monitor performance of Windows 2008 servers: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Print services, user and security group administration.
· Contribute to the design and implementation strategy of the Windows server and virtual architecture
· Support security investigation and remediation activities to include SOC response, vulnerability audits, anti-virus monitoring and scanning, and enterprise patching and software updates
· Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in systems administration required.
· Strong experience with server installations, storage presentation concepts, and network architecture as it relates to the compute infrastructure
· Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, DFS, DNS, and file system security
· General knowledge of backup and recovery concepts to include both traditional backups and snapshot technology
· Extensive Knowledge of MS Operating Systems including Windows 2008 and 2012 required.
· Demonstrated capabilities as a PowerShell scripting programmer
· Strong understanding of and experience with technical security issues required.
· Proven ability to solve complex systems problems; work independently; work well with others in a team environment required
· Work experience in the financial services industry or a large corporate environment desired
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to participate and lead projects
· Solid understanding of ITIL principles which include areas of incident, problem, and change management